Thursday, April 23, 2009

6 weeks and change

Overall, my vision is great. Every now and then one eye will seem less than perfect, but generally the vision itself is quite crisp. On my last visit to the doctor I was seeing a crisp 20/20 in my left eye, a blurrier 20/20 in my right. One problem I am having is dryness, which is pretty persistent now. The doctor tells me that this is common, particularly with the spring weather and pollen and allergies that come with that. She gave me GenTeal drops which help, but they aren't very practical during the work day since they are gel like and hence, making your vision blurrier in the short term due to their thickness. I am down to steroid drops once a day in the morning, and I use the GenTeal before I leave the house. I keep standard Refresh drops at my desk and use them throughout the day, and they help a little, but I still experience a lot of dryness working on the computer all day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi-

    I am a few weeks behind you. I had PRK on 4/7/09. Thank you for posting your experiences it is definitely a comfort knowing others have the same experience/"doubts" at times. My left eye is definitely weaker and more blurry (some double vision especially with the reflective street signs). My right eye seems to have digressed over the last week; it was clear now it is a tad blurry. I am hoping this will all clear up. I guess I was spoiled I had 20/10 vision with my contacts so this is a bit difficult feeling “blind”. Although before PRK I could not do anything without my contacts/glasses. So I am already pretty happy with the results but just want clear vision. This weekend I change from steroid drops 4 times a day to 3 times a day for the next 3 weeks hopefully I start seeing some more improvement as the steroids decrease.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete