Wednesday, April 1, 2009

3 weeks post-op

Well, it's been three weeks since my PRK and I'm increasingly pleased with my results! I read the 20/20 line on the eye chart at the doctor today (though yes, I made mistakes) and have felt significant improvement over the last week. The doctor says that I am already "light years" from where I was one week ago and that I'm healing perfectly. I can start taking the FML three times a day rather than four, and will see the doctor again in two weeks. I can read the computer screen pretty well, though my vision is at its worst when I've been online for many hours and my eyes do dry out easily. I have no trouble watching TV or reading signs when I'm walking around or on the subway. The difference between my right and left eye is now far less noticable, and sometimes my left eye is the weaker one now if it's dryer. I have even discovered a few downsides to being able to see all the time, such as seeing what time it is when I'm sleepless in the middle of the night (that doesn't help matters) or how dirty my shower has been for all these years (ew).

No comments:

Post a Comment