Monday, May 11, 2009

2 months

I had my PRK surgery on March 11 and it's now May 11, and I'm still very happy! My vision is great both during the day and at night. I'm done with steroid drops. I continue to take Vitamin C and wear sunglasses any time I'm outdoors, but otherwise it's business as usual. My eyes still get dry and my vision is a bit blurrier then, but this continues to get better with time, and I usually have to remind myself to keep using the lubricating drops.

I'm so glad I've seen a few comments and that this blog has helped people! Most of what I read on the web before my surgery was at best negative, and at worst downright scary, and I spent a number of nights up worried about whether I should go ahead with my surgery. I didn't know anyone who'd had the procedure and the blogs were the closest things to "personal accounts." So my advice to anyone considering PRK would be to prepare yourself for some pain, discomfort, etc. the first week or two, some bluriness for the first three to four weeks, and drier eyes than you are used to, generally. If you can handle that--and I think most anyone can!--you'll find this surgery to be well worth it. I'll update this every few months, and hopefully will have nothing but the same good news to report!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your detailed account. I may be having surgery this week. After reading your blog, though, it might spoil Thanksgiving just a little ... :)

    ReplyDelete